A small well kept garden with little baby buds flowering, peaking out of the earth, ready to greet the sun. Stretching their leaves gracefully and slowly as the sun begins to nurture their skin, and the rains feed them, spurring their growth. It is a slow process that of resurrection.
This is what I see in the 3 of coins, the slow process of growth and accumulation, a preparation for more. There is a promise here of fruition, of a glorious flower, a bower, a bough, a promise of beauty and splendor ahead. It is not something that is achieved quickly, but is instead gained through the slow sprouting of leaves, of receiving energy and nourishment from the heavens, of learning to grow gracefully and organically, not forced, and of maintaining the vision of the yield that is to come. The 3 of coins is about the blooming promise. With the 3 coins we get the investment of the 2 coins, along with the slow growth of the one coin shooting upward; from the contract to the emanation, an upwards movement.
As April slowly rolls by, the trees already coming back to life, flowers sprouting, daisies, daffodils, tulips, what is growing in your life? What is opening up and peaking its head out of the earth? This being Easter, I think of the symbolic and mystical meaning of illumination, resurrection, and transformation. What is being transformed? What is emanating forward and upward? Consequently, what can be done to bring upward and forward movement in our lives?
I haven’t done this in a while but I devised, spontaneously, an Easter spread. One which looks into all the aspects churning in our lives at the moment, the growth, the emanation and the stagnation. Seen through the lens of fives stations, or ‘houses.’ There is no question necessary for this spread, just shuffle and lay down the cards. As always, the cards interact and speak with each other, so you will see interactions between stations, and in macro, a whole picture will reveal itself when seen in its totality.
Ostara Tarot Spread
- The Home looks at exactly that, the home. Things pertaining to close family life, the state of your home life, what to take note or be made aware of.
- Work & Resources is all about the career, finances, your resources. By extension, it looks into your work environment, and your management or mismanagement of resources.
- Changes highlight movements and changes on the horizon, transitions underway. How things are progressing, whether slowly, quickly, smooth, or rough, etc.
- Stasis looks at what needs to be cleared away this spring and you are not addressing. This house is all about spurring you onward towards growth and movement, to get the cogs turning.
- The Self is where you are at the moment, your body, your health, and your spirit. Consequently, how does this ‘house’ interact with the whole sphere around it?
As you read each ‘house’, you will start to see the cards interact with one another, reaching out, revealing intersections and interactions you might have been oblivious to. Go ahead and feel free to give this spread a try and let me know what you think.
Wishing you all an illuminated Easter.