For the month of May I’m going to come at the augury from a different angle. Instead of a general look at the month, I want to look ahead with a purpose. So I’m asking the cards for suggested ways of better flourishing for May. The cards responded with…
Seek to fill your heart with what stimulates and motivates your passions, what mobilizes you in relation to what you love so that you do more of that. Cutting the poison taking root at the center by finding ways through it, re-invigorating your thinking around what you do with your body and your time, and in doing these things, stimulating your thoughts toward more fruitful routes. Reduce needless over-stimulation, contract what is unnecessary, and which poisons through excess. Move your body in accord with mind, seeking messages that rejuvenate, inspiration, locating ways through the tangled web of torpor.
In other words: what makes your heart race with renewed excitement and also nourishes you? Seek stimulation down this route. Think, do, and be with these things, renew your daily living. The more you move in this direction, the web of lethargy that holds the heart captive loosens. May is a time of negotiations, as are most times really, but in this case, negotiations between what is necessary and what is superfluous. What feeds and what poisons. What benefits thriving and what excessively occupies your attention.
When our attention is focused, we are better able to analyze whatever situation(s) are playing out in our lives both in the micro and macro scale.
Suggestions for May:
- Let your bare feet touch earth and allow worries to dissipate downward, leaving the body through your feet.
- Find material, in a book, a project, a task, or a goal that stimulates while also being a point of contact with another, be it through conversation, planning, or study. *Contact can be played out through email, letters, video, or a forum, however it is best accessible.
- Converse and be enriched in dialogue with others and through the experience of sharing.
- Remember to embrace what you love and make time for it.
- Trump disillusion through enchantment.
In related updates:
- I’ve recently finished and posted another installment in my tarot pips series: The Suits in their Element. You can now find all the parts so far of the series under the Marseille Tarot section in the Telling Fortunes tab in the menu, titled Animating the Tarot Pips.
- For more inspiration on thriving in place, I’ve also shared some thoughts on interacting with my local environment and isolation, Of Shadows and Corners. Which includes photos of my home and environment.
- Also, here is the brilliantly wonderful Becca Tarnas in conversation: Imagination as the Topographical Inversion of Reality.
- I am available for one-on-one card readings, and always look forward to slinging the cards for my readers both old and new. You can find my reading options at the Book a Reading page.
- Have a question or two, or just want to say hi, send me an email: email@example.com.
Be gentle with yourself and others, and remember, love.